100 Excellent Questions for Social Media to Boost Engagement
Last Updated on September 20, 2021 by Mileva Stankovic
We all know that bloggers are avid users of social media. We share our links in hopes of visitors, engage in threads, and do our best to make the appealing photos to match our blog posts.
Still, sometimes the engagement on our social media profiles is low.
This is where the questions for social media come to help.
Why do you need questions for social media?
Social media is there to keep people entertained. And by asking questions, you show that you want to be an active member of your community.
You show that you care about what your followers think and that you want to get to know them. By posting questions for social media, you make your followers feel involved and appreciated. Plus – you get to enjoy better engagement.
This is why we comprised a list of 100 questions for social media that you can work around and integrate in your posts.
- Who’s your best friend?
- What do you value the most when it comes to friendship?
- What’s your most bizarre or weirdest deal breaker?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received from someone?
- Do you think your childhood was happier than the childhood of others?
- If you could pick one, would you rather have infinite money or love?
- Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
- What celebrity would you switch lives with?
- Have you ever had a narrow escape from death?
- What in life are you the most grateful for?
- What’s one thing on your bucket list you need to achieve?
- What do you think about ____?
- What would you change about yourself?
- How were your grades in high school?
- What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Are there any places you would love to travel to?
- Has a random person ever ask you to marry them?
- Name one of your biggest fears.
- If you could undo anything from the past, what would it be?
- Are you missing someone?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received from someone?
- Before making a phone call, do you ever go over what you’re going to say?
- Finish this sentence. The motto of my life is____?
- If tomorrow you woke up with a new talent or ability, what would you like it to be?
- What’s your favorite photograph of yourself (ask them to post a photo)?
- What has inspired you recently?
- Where were you born?
- Tell me about your life’s story in four sentences.
- Who do you think knows you the best?
- What’s the nicest thing someone could genuinely say about you?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
- What is a food you wouldn’t eat as a child but you love now?
- What is the first thing you notice when you meet someone for the first time?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- Which TV family is most like your own?
- My favorite board game of all time is ________. Which is yours?
- ________ is a movie that really inspires me. What’s yours?
- My favorite song to sing in the shower is ________. Share yours.
- ________ is the cartoon character most like me. Mention yours.
- Would you rather play a villain or a hero in a movie?
- Would you rather win a gold medal or an Academy award?
- Would you rather be completely bald or totally covered in hair?
- Would you rather get stung by a jellyfish or bitten by a spider?
- Would you rather go skydiving or deep-sea diving?
- Would you rather go a month without washing your hair or without brushing your teeth?
- Would you rather have a million good friends or a million dollars?
- Ninjas or pirates – pick your favorite.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Who would you chose to defend you, Superman or Captain America?
- Pick a favorite, Bert or Ernie?
- If you could eat anything you want without gaining any weight, what’s the thing you’d eat?
- If you could personally witness any event in history, what would it be?
- If you could be any age for a month, what age would you choose?
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you had to choose another name for yourself, what would you choose?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
- What was the last picture you took with your phone (ask them to share the photo)?
- What was the last lie you told?
- What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
- What was the last meal you had delivered?
- Do you think there’s such a thing as absolute morality?
- Can a person truly experience happiness if they’ve never been sad?
- What is the reason for life? Do you think there is one?
- Is it wrong to tell ‘white lies’ to spare someone’s feelings? What’s your experience?
- What happens when Batman gets bit by a vampire?
- If you were caught cheating would you fess up?
- When was the last time you felt honestly broken?
- Are you craving something?
- If you could have one thing right now what would it be?
- Would you rather have ten kids or none?
- What do you hear right now?
- Is your bed against more than one of your walls? Why?
- What is on your mind right now?
- Are you always there for your friends?
- Who was the last person to see you cry?
- Do you like people in general?
- What do you do when you get nervous?
- How old do you think you’ll be when you finally have kids?
- Do you have a reason to smile right now?
- Does it matter to you that your significant other smokes?
- Do you tell your mom and dad everything?
- How many hours do you sleep at night?
- What was the last thing you drank?
- What size bed do you have?
- Do you start the water before you get in the shower or when you get in?
- Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- What is the last movie you saw in theaters and with whom?
- Do you regret a past relationship?
- Would you rather spend a Friday night at a concert or crazy party?
- Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
- Do you miss anyone?
- What are you doing tomorrow?
- Is there anyone you want to come see you?
- Who was the last person you had a serious conversation with?
- Do you have siblings? How many?
- Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk with?
- Anything happened in the past month that made you really happy?
- What are your plans for the weekend?
How to use questions for social media?
The usual place where people tend to ask these kind of questions is Twitter. Still, that doesn’t mean you can’t use questions for social media on other networks.
One example is Instagram – create a photo that matches the question, tell your little story related to the question, and ask it at the end of your post.
These questions for social media are designed to drive attention – they’re short to read and simple to answer. They don’t demand a lot of thinking and you can use them at any time, regardless of the followers.
Keep in mind that there are some social networks that don’t work well with questions, like Pinterest. If you need more engagement with your followers on Pinterest, read this article about how to use it correctly.
These 100 questions for social media are guaranteed to get your followers active on your posts. However, you do need to be consistent and engage in their comments as well. Remember – if you only ask and don’t respond, people will start to ignore you.