Hi, and welcome back to Inspiration Wise. Today I’ll do a comprehensive Fiverr review from a buyer’s perspective. You have probably heard divided opinions on this platform, but the truth is that every platform is as good as you can work it. Now, you’ll read more about what is Fiverr, how it works, and what to avoid while looking to hire a freelancer on Fiverr. This won’t be the only Fiverr review I’ll write – soon I’ll explain what Fiverr is from the seller’s side. Let’s go.
**This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full notice here
Fiverr is a platform that connects freelancers with clients. Its mission is to change how the world works together, and so far it has done a pretty good job. Fiverr operates on the Service as a Product (SaaP) model and it creates unique e-commerce like experience that makes working with gig employees easy.
Fiverr operates in more than 160 countries. It’s creating a free market where freelancers have all the necessary tools to work and earn, and businesses have access to some of the top-notch talents at affordable prices. It currently offers more than 250 categories, but I’ll cover more on those later.
Fiverr Pros and Cons
- Many categories to choose from
- Low prices
- You can create an offer/job post
- Many payment methods available
- You have to vet freelancers
- No live chat support
Fiverr Dos and Don’ts
- If a freelancer creates a custom gig for you, make sure to read all the details
- There are fake Fiverr reviews that you should pay attention to
- More reviews don’t mean better service
- A higher price doesn’t mean better service
- Higher seller level doesn’t mean better service
- Compare freelancers and packages
- Don’t order randomly and cancel for no reason
- Don’t forget to familiarize yourself with the platform’s rules
Ease of Use
To expand this Fiverr review more, I’ll briefly talk about its UX. Fiverr’s interface is clear to navigate, and if you use the search box, you’ll easily find what you’re looking for. If you’re just looking to mingle around, upon scrolling you’ll notice the Top Pro Services section. Fiverr has recently created this section, where you’ll get to choose Fiverr Pro Verified freelancers. Those guys are crème de la crème, and if you go for their services, Fiverr guarantees that you’ll get hand-vetted professionals. If, on the other hand, you’re not ready to dive in on their prices, regular sellers will do just fine.
Creating a buyer’s profile isn’t hard work. You’ll easily understand all you need to do to start hiring. If you don’t want to waste time looking for the perfect gig, you can have freelancers apply to your job opening by posting a request.
Fiverr Payment Methods
Fiverr accepts all credit and debit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Wire transfer, iDEAL, GiroPay, Sofort, Boleto, OXXO. You have a variety of payment methods to choose from. If you have any Fiverr balance, it will automatically be left there for your next purchase. You can’t, however, top up your balance. Balance left on the account is a consequence of refunds and revenues.
Spicing up my Fiverr review – you’ll have access to the following categories and its subcategories of freelancers on the Fiverr platform:
- Graphics & Design
- Digital Marketing
- Writing & Translation
- Video & Animation
- Music & Audio
- Programming & Tech
Head over to Fiverr Gigs directory for a complete insight and all available categories.
Fiverr Freelancers – the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
This Fiverr review also has to include the thoughts on Fiverr freelance workers. Even though I am one of them, I am also a buyer on the platform, and here are my two cents:
- You can find wonderful people to work with. Fast, reliable, ready to go the extra mile. Many will finish before the deadline, and offer unlimited reviews in case you’re not satisfied. Fiverr freelancers care about their feedback, so they will do their best to satisfy you.
- The (il)literacy of some freelancers should be ignored. Some categories of freelancers don’t demand high language skills – they have other skills to top that. If you need a designer, get ready to explain more, since they might have a hard time understanding you. Still, they can do their job well.
- As always, people will lie. Some will go to an unimaginable extent to get you to purchase their gig. Usually, they’ll offer more than they can do, just so that you pay them. At best, their job will be average. This is why you must discuss what you need in detail, before hitting the Continue button.
- Finally, some will try to present their job as done, but it won’t even be close. I’ve won all the disputes against these kinds of freelancers. In one particular case, a freelancer gave my data to someone else, who didn’t even understand what I needed. She then tried to convince me that the job was finished. I got my money back almost instantly.
Other Fiverr Services
Aside from being a freelancing platform, where you get in touch with people directly, Fiverr can help you manage your business. This Fiverr review wouldn’t be complete without mentioning two additional Fiverr features. I present you Fiverr And.Co and Fiverr Business.
This Fiverr feature is in its essence, a business management software. Whether you’re a freelancer, entrepreneur, or solopreneur, you’ll find something valuable in this offer. Its software integrates all aspects of business management so that all inefficiencies are eliminated. You can focus on what you love and your work, and let your And.Co works for you in the background. The suite includes:
- Expense Tracking
- Time and task management
- Recurring payments
What’s best, you can start for free, and upgrade at only $18/month. 30-days money-back guarantee included. Check it out and sign up here.
If you’ve recently moved to an online environment and remote work, you’ll love the Fiverr Business feature. It enables you to create an ecosystem and shift your physical office to a connected virtual one. You can brainstorm, keep project information always available, save favorite freelancers for future use, and view all updates.
Everything is located on one dashboard, and you’ll enjoy the power of an accessible workforce right under your fingertips. Fiverr Business can easily become your favorite space to work on.
Did I mention it’s free for the first year? No credit card is required. You can sign up here.
Fiverr Customer Support
Fiverr has its own knowledgebase, similar to all other platforms. You can head over to the Buyer section and look for the issue you’re faced with. If that’s not enough, you can see the FAQ. When you’re done reading the article, and scroll, you’ll see the Submit a Request button. There, you can open a ticket. Unfortunately, Fiverr doesn’t offer live chat support at the moment.
If you’ve read some Fiverr reviews for its customer support, you probably noticed that it’s mostly freelancers complaining about how the platform works, saying that Fiverr is a scam. This is because Fiverr is likely to stand on the side of the buyers, not freelancers when it comes to a dispute. As a buyer, I have never had a dispute, but I can understand that it can be frustrating to some.
Finalizing my Fiverr Review
Fiverr is a legit platform where you can find great freelancers to work with. Just like in real life, sometimes it’s a hit and miss, and some freelancers simply may not be a good fit for you. I’ve seen some top sellers receiving poor reviews where clients claimed they are being bad to work with.
Fiverr has grown a lot in the past few years. Chances are it won’t stop here, and it’s a platform to keep an eye on. That’s also why I returned to it and reopened my gigs. If you need a writer to create content like this, and similar, you can reach out to me via this link.
What is Fiverr and how does it work?
Fiverr is a freelance platform, acting as an intermediary between online gig workers and clients. It’s a free market with over 250 categories to satisfy your business needs.
Is Fiverr safe?
Fiverr is completely safe to use. There’s no fear of data breach or hackers attacking you. What you should pay attention to are the scammers who try to make it look like they did their job, while in reality, they did nothing.
What are Fiverr Pro Verified freelancers?
These freelancers have applied and went through a selection so that they could offer highly professional services.
How do I buy on Fiverr?
You can create an account, and head over to its homepage. Click on a gig that you’re interested in, and click the Continue button for the package that you want. I do recommend reaching out to the freelancer beforehand, to agree on the details of your order.
Are there scammers on Fiverr?
There are some scammers on Fiverr, but the platform does its best to remove them as soon as they’re reported.
How do I cancel an order on Fiverr?
If you ordered a service, but you’ve changed your mind, you can cancel by opening your order page, clicking the blue resolution center button, and ask the seller to cancel the order. Select the dispute reason, and click send.
Fiverr and its competition
I’d like to finish this Fiverr review by briefly comparing it to some other platforms. Fiverr versus UpWork – Fiverr has a much lighter feel to it and an easier interface to navigate. You’ll have to post a more detailed job description on UpWork than Fiverr. When it comes to Fiverr versus Guru, chances are you’ll find better services on Fiverr. Guru is a less known platform.
- Semrush Review: 2020 Updates, Features, and New Pricing
- Nature Heals: 12 Ways to Utilize The Power of Nature Today
- 70+ Wonderful Inspirational Bible Verses and Quotes to Help You Regain Strength
- KDP Select: Here’s What to Know Before Enrolling
- New Year New You – Dancing Through Crisis (UPDATE 1)
- 44 Positive Affirmations for Depression to Inspire Change