One short and interesting article – for variety.
1. Observe your dogs.
‘Cause they can teach you patterns! Gertrude Stein said that observing her dog drinking water helped her to differentiate between sentences and paragraphs in writing.
2. Steven King has a phobia.
And he’s so afraid of the number 13 that he’ll even skip on reading the pages of books that add up to 13. He even counts the steps and skips the last one if there are 13 of them.
3. What if you had to speak your novels?
Like Agatha Christie did because she suffered from dysphagia. It’s a disease that damages the functions of the brain and as a result, the person can’t write.
ALSO READ: How to Solve These 5 Writing Problems
4. On the other side – imagine typing 212 words per minute.
Which is a record for a short time period set by Barbara Blackburn, the fastest alphanumerical typist ever. She could pull out 150 words per minute in a duration of 50 minutes.
5. Are you?
“I am.” AKA the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
6. Typewriters were aiding the blind.
Aside from becoming the best way to write faster and in larger quantities, the first confirmed typewriter was made by an Italian man named Pellegrino Turri, in 1808, so his blind friend could write. Christopher L. Sholes will later present us with the QWERTY format.
ALSO READ: 4 Apps to Help You Write Better
7. Creative writers use both brain hemispheres.
And they use it all the time. This was determined by Nobel Prize winner Roger W. Sperry.
8. George Orwell was born in India.
And his real name was Eric Blair. His father was a civil servant employed by the Opium Department of the British Indian government.
9. Amazon in 1995.
Sold the first book Douglas Hofstadter’s Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies: Computer Models of the Fundamental Mechanisms of Thought. And Amazon’s first customer was John Wainwright, an Australian software engineer.
- Magnificent Marketing Strategies For Small Businesses
- Fiverr Review – Your New Way to Hire
- When Life Gives You Lemons – Suck Them Dry to Show How Strong You Are
- How to Become Uplifted, Healed and Inspired Through Earth – Grounding, Zen Gardens, and Crystals
- How to Improve Your Life – 3 Simple Things You Can Do Today
- How to Deal with Work Burnout and Cool Down